The FISH! experience provides Childcare educators, co-ordinators and staff members with the knowledge and practical strategies to improve outcomes and quality in the following areas:
- Professional standards guide practice, interactions and relationships.
- Educators, co-ordinators and staff members work collaboratively and affirm, challenge, support and learn from each other to further develop their skills and to improve practice and relationships.
- Interactions convey mutual respect, equality and recognition of each other’s strengths and skills.
- Each child is supported to manage their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts. (NOTE: staff will learn to role model correct strategies)
- The induction of educators, co-ordinators and staff members, including relief educators, is comprehensive. (NOTE: Staff will discover the importance of induction for ‘culture’ as well as process)
- Every effort is made to promote continuity of educators and co-ordinators at the service (NOTE: a key outcome of the program is improved retention, staff satisfaction and engagement)